Sunday 18 March 2012

Prayer for a lost soul


My words are so carefully conjugated
Flowing through my mind as though once constipated
Leaving hurt and destruction, yes, they have demonstrated
True effects of choices made wrong, but instigated
Searching to find truth among lies told, from both young and old
This world is just turning out to be too cold
Empowered by the right question
Answers investigated in the wrong places
And trusting innocent faces
Or so they seem
I’m lost in the struggle to break into reality
Coz there’s only one answer not so plain to see
Show me the answer and let me breathe
Show me the hope I lost to the desire of what’s around
Show me the way to peace

My heart is done; it’s almost out of beats
But should my heart not beat while I have been beat
Then let me start over and let’s call that a dream
Time is running out but I have to make things right
I have to let go of wrong, find right, and hold on tight
Afraid to make the choice but with you, I know I am right
And the only way to be right
Is to release myself at your feet
Arise I will as you grow in me
Fill every cell in me like it’s osmosis
Take control and erase the neurosis
Break the bonds of slavery to the world

Here I am once again
Broken beyond repair
Be the glue to make me brand new
And let us arise as one; mind, body and soul
And through me, speak in tongues of AWESOME
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment