Friday 16 March 2012

Die Another Day


There was once a great wall surrounding me
Big and strong, made of concrete and steel
At a time when I wasn’t looking to be rescued
But just felt I needed the time to wallow in my guilt
Sweetness, kindness, tender love and care
Your chosen weapons of mass destruction
To break down the fortress that had become my cage
You set me free
Almost a year later
And here we are
Here you are building the wall again
Feels suffocating but I’m helpless
The same weapons just won’t work on you
Alone and confused
Trying to understand but failing
But apparently, that makes the wall go higher
Lost with all hope depleting
I have but one choice to make
Suffocate or run while I still can
Ain’t that a damn shame
Should have seen this coming
But no time for shoulda, woulda, coulda
It seems I can’t survive without suffocating
Neither can I survive if I continue suffocating
Maybe tomorrow my prayers will be answered
Or maybe today will just be my last. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment